This one tried bitting my leg and winked at me. They do say people in the year of the Monkey "work well" with Dragons.
This weekend was full of JA community events. (JA- Japanese American) The first was a nice dinner with the Heart Mountain Foundation.
Their purpose is to memorialize and educate the public about the significance of the historical events surrounding the tragic and illegal internment of Japanese Americans at the Heart Mountain Relocation Center near Powell, Wyoming, between 1942 and 1945.
Learn more here
I wish I had taken my camera. The people, view, and food were amazing. One of the people I spoke with was Shig Yabu, author of a children's book called "Hello Maggie". It's a story, similar to his own, about a boy living in the internment camps who finds a friend magpie.



Metra and I had a nice conversation with Rocky Anderson and his girlfriend, Traci. Guess we're all reading the same book, "Three Cups of Tea".
Judge Raymond Uno, one of the SL JACL board members, was honored a lifetime achievement award. He definitely deserves the award. He has done so much for the minority community here in Salt Lake, plus he's just an all-round good person.
Both Kunie and Metra donated items to the silent auction. So I had to get a picture of them with their names up in lights (okay... up on a board!).
That night was Jake's birthday, but because things didn't go as planned I don't have crazy pictures of us dancing at the Trapp. Instead it was a crazy evening at the Casa where my camera didn't come out. Maybe KereAna will have some interesting moment caught on "film".
Sunday, Trent dragged me out of the house. I'm glad he did. We went for a great hike up Mt. Olympus.
Here's the trail we took
(FR-Chase, Brandi, Sam, Loretta BR-Me, Trent, John, and Brad)
Brad is leaving for Peru today. If all goes as planned Trent and I will be seeing him in July. The rest of you have to wait 9 months.

Tomorrow, I'm heading to California with Jess and Dave! Judging from one of the most recent pictures of my mom, I think she might be really excited. I know I am. We'll be out of town until Sunday.
No comments:
Post a Comment