The last two weeks have flown by so fast. Now it's time to catch up. Jess, Dave and I had a great trip to California. The first night of our road trip was spent in Mesquite at the Virgin River. Dave started of the trip on a great note. While my sister was checking in, he decided to pop a couple dollars into a slot machine. Boy did it pay off. within two minutes he had made $154!! So he decided to treat us to a game of bowling that night. Jess has those pictures. Imagine the scene in "Across the Universe" where they are dancing through the bowling alley :D
After 9 hours of driving the next morning we were in San Luis Obispo, a beautiful central California town nestled in some great coastal hills. Here's a picture that Mikey, my brother, has taken overlooking SLO from Bishops peak.
When we arrived he took us to the college craft center to play on the pottery wheels. He has made some amazing pieces... maybe I'm a little bias though. You can check out some of his stuff here.
Jess, Dave and I had never worked on a potter's wheel. Here's a little video showing Jess, Mikey and Dave at work. Mine was a skinny lopsided thing before I ruined it. You can see it in the clip after viewing Dave's hard work.
That evening we ate a tasty meal at Shin's Sushi. Half priced sushi and a tasty special that was fresh cooked salmon over a bowl of rice smothered in sauce then baked. MMMM. After that we searched for pieces of gum. A nice cashier at one of the local shops was able to provide. The reason why we would want gum for dessert, you ask? For the most disgusting, yet interesting, alley I've ever been down... Gum Alley.
The next day we geared up for a day on the course. Two 90 ball baskets kept us busy at the driving range.
That's my club and Mikey getting ready for his shot.There's much more..... I'll post in the next entry.
4 comments:
My pot looks amazing- too bad you didn't get a picture of what it ended up as :) That trip was so much fun...I wish we were still on vacation!!
Mikey will have to send us pictures of our final artworks. You're not the only one wishing to still be on vacation. We'll have to start planning a river trip! :D
Cool blog, Joshi. I've already bookmarked it! Looks like a fun trip. I'm going to California on Friday. Yay!
Mandy! So good to hear from you! Can't wait to see you for Christmas. We do get to see you all this year, right?
Post a Comment