Wednesday, May 7

Murals

This last weekend I got to paint!! Hooray!! Dannie and Greg are having a baby girl in less than a month and wanted a mural in her nursery. So Dannie's brother, Jeff flew into town from Seattle to help out. His design was awesome! By the time I showed up it was like a huge paint by numbers. Everything was outlined and all I had to do was help fill in the spaces. Here's the "final" product.


I say "final" because it seems like there are always more details that can be added to paintings. Mostly I worked on the kale, radish leaves, peas and asparagus. But it was definitely a good team effort. If you know of anyone who wants a mural, I'd love to paint more of them. Here's one I painted down in Florida a few years ago.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Neat, that looks like a lot of fun. It may influence baby to become vegetarian! She'll love the bright colors and shapes in any case.

Perhaps if we have a baby (and if we own a place) I can commission my Joshi to paint something trippy. Like Dali & the surrealists on snowboards.

Katie Riggs Hansen said...

unbelievable! very nice work. I am so glad I can read about you now, as if we aren't exposed enough on the river...

Joshi (Yoshi) said...

Thanks ladies!

Sarah- they talked about adding a couple strips of bacon to make sure.

Katie- we're never the most exposed ones on the river... well maybe with exception to night 4 on Deso. :D

If you have any bare walls that scream for color please let me know :)