Imagine 9 girls ready for a night on the town... on bikes! Well that's exactly what Barbara's bachelorette party was. Nine of us; Barbara, Stephanee, Maya, Lena, Gretchen, Natalka, Anndrea, Keely and me embarked on a 24 hour escapade (insert Janet Jackson's song here. Maybe a visual would be more enjoyable )
The exciting undertaking started off at Maya's house. Lubrication in the form of yummy cosmopolitans helped us start off our adventure. Barbara had mustered up the resources for audio enjoyment while pushing peddles.
A newly acquired Ipod and battery powered speakers belted great tunes while we canvased the streets of Salt Lake. Our brigade traveled through Liberty park and on to Stephanee's magical garden (which happens to be next door to my house). Our thirst was quenched with a wonderful concoction she has named "Gin-mint Fizz".
I'm not sure what's in the refreshment, but it's exactly that refreshing especially after the first leg of our bicycling journey. Here I am with Natalka and Anndrea enjoying the garden and our drinks.
We then went on to visit our friend Won at the Blue Sky market. I'm not sure he was ready for so much estrogen on bikes. He sure does look happy about it though.
After a photo op and stop we were off again. The next stop was a little place called Gilgal Garden. It used to be Salt Lake's Secret Garden and recently became public.
If you haven't been to visit, I suggest you make a stop. It's located at 749 E. 500 S.. There are many interesting sculptures throughout the small park. They even have a website.
A quick stop at the Virgin Mary tree then we were off to a little know pyramid of the Summum religion.
The sun was starting to rest behind the mountains so we huffed our way back to Maya's to meet up with Saphu and KT. A delicious vegetarian Costco gourmet spaghetti was prepared for grubbing. Using all our energy biking through town I can definitely say we grubbed on the deliciousness.
Maya has a wonderful house, included with her casa is a hot tub. And what are hot tubs good for? Long soaks after an evening of cycling, of course. It was so nice to rest after such a great adventure. I think Maya, the poor thing, is still trying to clean up the mess that 11 girls can make of a hot tub. Thanks Maya, for your stupendous hostessing!
The next morning we had breakfast and a few of us were up for a Sunday bike excursion. We made a few random yoga attacks while out and about.

We rode to the LDS Temple and Memory Grove. Then it was back to Maya's for lunch and to sadly end Barbara's Bachelorette Biking Bonanza!
I was just telling Barbara that I'm so thankful that Trent bought the red raft. Had he not I would never have met such wonderful ladies to go with on such epic adventures.



3 comments:
Good times, good times. I say we bring back the biker gang and and the occasional sleepover. Why not?!!
whew! I am exhausted just reading that! What a great time, a gal couldn't ask for better girlfriends. We just have so much fun!
Ah, homesick! What fun. It's heartwarming to see that Gilgal has been well-preserved. You girls' exotic pyramidal body formation at the reflecting pond is perhaps the best tribute ever paid to temple square!
Post a Comment