So actually we played golf AFTER we went to this great burger joint called Silvester's. That's what I get for having such a whirlwind trip, events and times get all mixed up. Anyway, it was delicious! Unfortunately I forgot to take pictures of the actual food. Whoops!
We did use the time waiting for our orders to take a couple pictures though.
One is of an interesting ad that Mikey spotted in the paper.
He said it's a regular coupon they offer... hmmmm!?
This is where the golf experience really should have gone (see California- Part 1 for more info). Or view the following video to experience the excitement for yourself... minus the sound, one downfall of my cool camera.
Mikey decided to pick up an old trade of his to fill his spare time. I guess his schedule as an IT guy at the school leaves him with a few days off. So we went to downtown SLO for him to apply at Coldstone.
(I'll have to dig up an old photo of him working on his craft to go here)
This video shows the cool lights.
(The necklaces are actual compasses. I'm saving up for one. The bracelets are made out of rulers.)
After our SLO fun it was off to King City (or Monterey County as my dad likes it to be referred to). We took the long way, stopping by Monterey Bay to check out the elephant seals. They usually look like this in the day,
(these are some of my dad's great photos)
but we got there just as the sun slipped under the horizon giving too little light for my camera to work. This is what I was able to capture.The next morning after a nice breakfast we left for a small hidden national monument called the Pinnacles. I'm working on creating a Mapmyrun.com map of the hike, but it's a little more difficult that expected. The Pinnacles ... well they will have to wait for the next entry.
Hope all is going well with you on that side of the screen!
3 comments:
Joshi, your site is great!! I really am enjoying it.
Aunt Judy
Hi, Joshi,
I was shocked to find out that your English teacher threatened you guys to fail the class for joining the rally!!! I wonder what we would have done if we knew?! Some people!!!!!! But I guess the incident made you more proactive for the cause you believe in. You never know what helps people in the end. I am really enjoying your blog. Thanks. Mom
PS It's only 1:00 am here.
Mom and Aunt Judy! Thanks for the compliments. I'm glad you were able to get the comments working, Mom! Love you both- Yosh
Post a Comment